30 October 2015

Simplicity ~ Less is more

Happy Friday,
 
I've been on a really positive journey lately. I wake up with a happiness that I can't explain. I just wish that everyone could feel the way I feel about myself and my life lately. There are many  life lessons that I went through that helped me reach this level of peace. One of the biggest lessons I've learned is that in life, "less is more."
 
I'm still learning that it's the little things that actually make life big. I laugh at the fact that I originally caked make-up on too early for self esteem issues. I wore make-up (like a lot) to cover acne. I was working so hard to cover it that I made it look even more noticeable! All that hard work for absolutely nothing. Now, I'm the total opposite; only on special occasions! I want people to know the REAL me, not my facade that I put on. Something so small was HUGE to me. I realize that my big heart, strong mind and huge personality will take me further than a cake face anyday!
 
When I was younger, I thought MORE meant better. More friends, more drinks, more partying, more E V E R Y T H I N G. Quality is far more valuable than quantity. Now I have less friends, but the ones I have mean the world to me; I'm drinking and partying less to get the old me back (including size). I work less. At one point I literally had NO life! I worked so much that I didn't see my gram!
 
I  started carrying that "less is more" thinking into all aspects of my life including my closet. My closet diet consisted of decluttering shoes, jewelry and other accessories. It's so much easier to buy simple pieces and put them together well.
 
Below, I wore a simple outfit. I just made sure my shoes were cute. To add the icing on the cake for this look, I wore a fun, red lip (OMG it looks so good with black hair!)



"Simplicity is the key note of all true elegance."
 
~ Coco Chanel
 
 

For this outfit, I tried to wear less accessories. The shoes and purse did enough! I usually wear the same gold accesories now. A watch and a few Alex and Ani bracelets makes a simple, yet cute arm candy look.

 

What I Wore:
Top Nordstrom | Pants Burlington Coat Factory | Shoes Jessica Simpson | Bag Tory Burch

When we look at the things that really mean the most to us, we truly grow. "A tree is big, but when we look back, it actually started from a seed."

Try following these to carry out "less is more" in your life:


Xoxo,

Courtney =)


No comments:

Post a Comment