13 October 2015

Good Character and Efforless Looks

Happy Monday! 

In my early twenties, I still find myself juggling time. I happen to be the busiest person I know! Even on a day off, I have a day filled with EVERYTHING to do.

One thing I struggled with after staying so busy is: being on time. We all hear the saying that "You are what you do, not what you say you'll do." Sometimes we just don't really understand how deep it actually  goes; you're being dishonest. You said one thing and did another. How can someone take you serious? How can someone rely/depend on you? How can someone trust you? Although our intentions were good, we didn't actually keep our word.

Since I long to stand for good character, I prayed that I could become someone that people could depend on in times of need. I started by going to church on time. Next, I'll demonstrate this change by trying to arrive to work early daily.

I also tried to keep my word with my family. For example, I went to sleep at 4am, woke up at 7am and told others I would meet them by 7:30am yesterday morning. That means I was crunched for time! Not only did I not have my things packed, but I had to drive 15mins away. When I drove onto that parking lot like it was a racetrack around 7:30am, I really shocked myself!

I'm still questioning how I managed to pull off an effortless look, with no sleep and still continuing to keep good character at the same time.



I went for my current go-to favorites: a grey skirt, white button-up blouse and a hat.

 
 
"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you."
 
 

What I Wore:
Top New York & Co. | Bottom Target | Hat Express | Shoes Lolashoetique.com | Bag Celine
 
How do you practice staying true to your word??????
 
Xoxo,
 
Courtney :)

No comments:

Post a Comment