04 August 2020

Friendship X Self-Care

Happy Tuesday!

I feel like a broken record sharing about my recent journey. However, I'm a firm believer that once you overcome something, your purpose for that journey is to teach people that are going through that very struggle, how to overcome! 

One of the things I did to dig deep was to practice more self-care/self-love. A lot of times we are giving so much to our loved ones and others while neglecting ourselves. Self-care is one form of recharging so that one is able to continue giving back to the people around them.  I believe there's levels to that recharge. These levels include: physical, emotional, mental and social. 

At one point, I put all forms of self-care on the back burner when I was going through my struggles.  I still remember staying in bed and sleeping in the dark. I never forgot the friend that refused to take "no" for an answer when I wanted stay in the house and do nothing. I consider spending time with friends as one of the greatest forms of self-care now that I'm older since so much of my growth included me isolating. Friendship helped save me from myself! 

Last weekend, my self-care social level included spending time with the people I love. This is more important than you think. Friendships usually guarantee a celebration for the good times and support through the bad. 

One of my friends celebrated her birthday and I couldn't miss this opportunity to recharge. 

See below for outfit details:
 
 




 
What I Wore: 
Top Arden B | Bottoms Target | Scarf Louis Vuitton 

How do you recharge socially??

Xoxo, 

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment