06 April 2016

The Working Gal

"Everyday brings about a new opportunity and you owe it to yourself to meet that opportunity looking your absolute best."



Who doesn't love those super cute outfits with great colors and don't break your pocket???



Shirt $10, Necklace Thrifted (can't remember the price), Shoes $25 during a Black Friday sale and Skirt $27 from the Who What Wear collection at Target!


"Happiness comes from being who you are, not who people think you are. Don't apologize, don't explain."


What I Wore: 
Shirt +H&M | Skirt +Target | Shoes +Lord & Taylor 
Hi Loves! 

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. 

I keep getting the same question at work now... What are you doing, why are you glowing so much? It's something different about you!" and I always smile and reply, "I guess happy looks good on me." 

Tapping into who you really are brings such a joy in your every day life, especially at work. If I could give any advice to the younger me, it would be to love YOU and put YOU first! I was once the girl that put everybody else's happiness first. That only caused me to stunt my growth. Some of the very people you helped along the way are happy, growing and enjoying their lives (while you remain the same, very unhappy). Your negative thoughts will be replaced with positives ones so you never have to worry about many bad days ahead of you. For example, I used to be the type that went to work and absolutely hated being there. I hated dealing and interacting with so many different personalities. Since this new found happiness, I enjoy going to work and talking to different types of people because they have taught me so much about myself (and how to deal with people!). 

I learned to take in all the good and throw out the bad! Things will go wrong, people will be mad, but I must always remain the same. I also learned that you must determine the proper time to use the words "No" and "Yes." At one time I was ALWAYS using the word "yes" as a response to everything (then beat myself up later for it.) I learned the hard way that "no" MUST be added to your vocabulary without feeling guilty! I took these work lessons into other aspects in my life and the results are very rewarding!

I finally feel like it's my time to shine and I'm doing everything it takes to exceed my goals, all while looking and feeling my best :)

Xoxo, 

Courtney 


2 comments:

  1. Something about royal blue that just makes an outfit stand out. Absolutely love the fit and your hair! However, I must say.. Your message behind this post was very inspiring and beautiful. I've been learning myself how important it is to put your happiness first and let the rest come after. That "self-happiness" glow is a feeling that can't be compared and gives great motivation to reach your goals and beyond! This is def one of my faves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you slim! <3 I appreciate it <3 Falling in love with you will be your best accomplishment, watch! :)

      Delete