25 March 2016

True Beauty

Hi loves!

I know I'm super late, but Happy New Year! Everyone always has this "New Year, New Me" thing going, but this year I chose to do away with it. I felt like we are always making goals that we NEVER achieve. (This is true for me anyway because I've had the same goal of losing weight for about 2 years now. lol) I couldn't understand why I couldn't achieve my goal of simply losing weight and getting a little healthier.

I thought losing weight would help me become a little more happier. Boy was a I wrong! I'm the happiest I've ever been and I haven't even lost a pound! lol

This goal taught me a lot. I was so focused on the outside beauty that I wasn't paying attention to my inner beauty.

I learned to understand where true beauty comes from. True beauty comes from within. (see 1 Peter 3:3-4). I saw how society altered where most of us thought true beauty came from. Many of us thought it came from things or even people.

Last year, I can remember spending my last after all my bills were paid to make sure I had the latest everything just to feel a certain way. I partied ALL THE TIME, I drank socially ALL THE TIME and spent money ALL THE TIME.

So far this year I learned to focus on the things that really mattered and things weren't it. I focused a little more on my relationship with God which helped me find the peaceful, beautiful state of mind that I'm in now. And guess what...I lost 7lbs! :)

If the inside, doesn't match your outside appearance, it's false advertisement! Your main focus should be on achieving lasting beauty. Your outside appearance is temporary, but your inner beauty is everlasting! :) (see Psalms 139:13-16).

I started embracing my natural beauty all the way around. Natural hair (hardest thing EVER), natural nails and embracing my curves. For example, today I wore a bun and a printed pencil skirt.




Since the skirt was already printed, I added a black and white printed bracelets to compliment the pattern. (Follow @EurphoricTreasuresCouture on IG to get cute customized bracelets)


It's always ok to go nude when embracing natural! :) jkI love adding nudes to every outfit! They go with everything! 

   



I'm super obsessed with prints! This skirt was only $25 so I had to get it!



What I wore: 
Necklace Thrifted | Top Kohls | Skirt Target | Shoes Lolashoetique 


What have your goals taught you so far??

Xoxo,

Courtney :)


4 comments:

  1. I love it Courtney! Nothing like perfecting the inner to line up the outer beauty! I love you. Continue to let your light shine that the world may see. You truly are a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is amazing court I have a very similar testimony sweetheart that also changed my life and mindset/perspective in 2015 while I didn't party much I did quit drinking & focused more on my true joy which isn't money but pleasing God and fitness/nutrition...you've always been an amazing and beautiful person inside & out since I met you. God bless you Courtney

    Tarrell (life saver) 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Life Saver.. I appreciate it 😊..Anyone who can save my crazy life is amazing as well ❤️

      Delete